Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Question We All Should Answer Periodically.

In this weeks preparation for Cell Group, there was a great question in the work book that I am inclined to say should be a question that we ask ourselves often and regularly. The question is:
What is it in your life right now that most indicates your degree of trust in the Lord?
When I first read the question, my first thought was that is a hard question to answer. Then as I pondered upon it, I thought it shouldn't be. If I truly am pursuing Christ's reign in all of life to advance God's kingdom in all the earth for His glory, I should have an answer right away.

Thankfully, I didn't have to think about this too long to come up with my answer. The Evidences of my trust in the Lord are daily whether I am seeking God through my prayer and Bible reading. Am I fully surendering to God, trying to understand his will for my life and more specifically this day. Am I releying on Him or using my own energy, talents and skills to get me though the day. Another measure is whether I am holding anything back from God. There are times (too ofter I might add) when I allow God in limited areas of my life.

Another indicator of my trust in the Lord is how thankful I am for His daily provision. Am I prayerfully expressing my thankfullness. In some respects God can become something that I don't even think about. Yet God has given me everything I have. I am a steward of what he has intrusted me with. So my trust must be acknowledged to God daily. My trust must be active and constant.

How would you answer the question?

No comments: