Friday, April 07, 2006

Crucified with Christ

As we are at the eve of Holy Week, I have pondered on Christ's crucifixion. One of the verses I was drawn to was Galatians 2:20.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
As I have meditated on this verse, I am realizing that being crucified with Christ means for me to allow my independence to be crucified on the cross (be put to death). I am to surrender my life to the supremacy of Jesus Christ. It means not following my own ideas as they maybe evil desires (typically are), but rather be completely loyal to my Lord. I must surrender my way of looking at things and look at things through the lense of Christ. Only by the faith that God can bestow on me by his grace will I be able to live in this body in such a way to bring him glory. This does not mean that I will sit back and wait for God to give me that faith. Rather, I am pursuing Christ's reign in all of life to advance God's kingdom in all the earth for His glory. I am seeking to know the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: