Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sin removed in single day

I am alive. It has been along time since my last post. This seems to be my blogging pattern which I am ok with. A few have asked and said they missed my posts. Thank you. Back to the subject of this post.

My daily reading of the Bible has taken me to Zechariah the last few days. Actually I have scratched my reading plan for this year. I did not like it. So now for the the next time period. I am reading some of the books of the Bible that I am least familiar with. Zechariah being one of them. Zech is one of the longer minor prophets. And as you know is next to the last book in the Old Testament. Zech is a hard read for me. I am trying to spend some time understanding. Maybe just maybe I will post on my understanding in the next few days.

Now I want to focus on one verse Zech3:9. And actually it is the last part of the verse. The LORD Almighty said:

. . . and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

This is in the context of a vision that Zechariah is shown of Joshua dressed in filthy clothes. This vision gives a prophetic discription of Jesus Christ. This verse aludes to what Jesus Christ will do.

This is amazing to me. One Day! Not that one day sin will be no more, but rather that in one day sin will be removed from the world. I think of that and cannot fathom the greatness of our King to be able to remove sin in one day. To me sin is to prevelent. No way says my mind.

We have an all powerfull King! Who one day will remove all sin from this world in one day. May that day come quickly. Jesus, restore creation.

1 comment:

Joey said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I've been checking back for you a few times a week. Good to know you're still around!

And for what it's worth, I've now gone skiing and tubing with Ms. Junco. Unfortunately, I don't remember your lovely daughter's name. Well, I was told she was your daughter, but I really don't know for sure.

Regardless, good to see you blogging again!